Monday 31 October 2011

Day 5 - NJ & Seaside Heights

We awoke to a beautiful day, sun shining bright, and white snow still scattered everywhere.  The deceiving sun always catches me off guard.  I always think it's nice and warm outside when I see it so bright, forgetting about the ice cold wind.

After 5 days, I still found myself now and then, having mini freak-outs about driving on the right hand side of the road.  There's other little differences I've found here too:

  • They have these mini-mall set ups, where all the department stores like Target, clothing stores, etc are all in one complex - but in separate buildings.  Rather than the smaller shops/malls we have back home in a self contained complex.
  • The hot and cold water in showers are all operated with a single handle (not separate hot and cold)
  • The toilets in general are longer in forward length, and they flush differently, lol.
  • Food in general is cheaper, much cheaper
  • Fuel/Petrol is cheaper (works out to be around .95c/ltr back home - compared to what we know it as being $1.45 roughly)
  • The money is a bit trickier to manage in my wallet, still find myself digging into my wallet when paying for things, trying to find the right notes/bills
  • Target has sells hot food (Pizza Hut, and other junk food) and also has a grocery section
That's about all I can think of for now...

Anyhow as I was saying, was a glorious day, so KN and I decided to play in the snow before it all melted.

Our first snowman/lady (I have the uncensored version up on facebook)
Snowilicious                                                                                                            

 After our morning play in the snow, we basically rested at home for the morning, then spent the rest of the day with family hanging out and catching up.  We did end the afternoon however by taking a trip to Seaside Heights. 

For those of you in the know, that's where they shoot the TV show "Jersey Shore".  Here's a couple of pics for the notorious Jersey Shore house and the T-Shirt shop they worked at!

Some very classy shirts and under-garments to be found here

   The Jersey Shore house  



After our little trip to seaside, we went back to see the family and see the kids in their halloween outfits!  Very cool time of the year to be here.  Oh, and we fit in McDonalds on the way, and ate a McRib!  They're back here in the US, been years since we've had them back home!  Although I got ripped off, and they ran out of the McRib buns, so they slapped it in a cheesburger bun!


Still McRib-licious!!





















On a full stomach, we headed back to pick up our luggage and head straight to Jersey City (across the river from Manhattan), to check into our hotel.  Ready for the main agenda tomorrow!  Was a very long day, and again a BIG thank you to my family for taking us around all day.  Lots of driving involved and it was nearly midnight by the time we settled into our room and crashed!

1 comment:

  1. Soon after look at a pair of of the weblog posts on your internet site now, and I actually like your signifies of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web internet site record and will most likely be examining yet again shortly. Make sure you check out out my internet web site as properly and permit me know what you consider.
    seaside heights hotels
    hotels seaside heights nj

    ReplyDelete